7/24/12

The Girl Below by Bianca Zander

★★
Genre: Fiction
Subject: child of divorce
Setting: New Zealand, England
Main Characters: Suki Piper,
Series: no
Dates Read: July 14 - July 22
Number of pages: 274
Off the Shelf (pre-2012)? Source?: yes, audio stockpile
Category for 12 in 12 challenge: English Lit Class

I'm not sure I know what I was expecting when I started this book, and I'm not sure I know what I got. This book was apparently supposed to be the tale of a child that has grown, and yet returns to moments in her past to correct an error she made as a child.

That's the best that I can surmise from this book. It was very jumpy, going back and forth in different times, seemed to meander with no direction and often was very predictable. The characters were too 2 dimensional and the main character was constantly whining about how the world seemed to be treating her badly!

I tried, but this book was just not for me.

No comments: