3/3/11

Get Real and Stop Dieting! by Brett Blumental

Read: March 3
Format: 140 pages
Source: Amazon publicist for review
Subject: nutrition, weight loss, fitness
Challenges: 11 in 11, 75 Book, TIOLI, BOYS
Stars: ★★★½

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am weight challenged (is that the politically correct wording for overweight?) and so if I can find a book that will at least help me to eat healthier, even if I can't lose weight, I'm going to take a look. I wish I'd looked sooner.

This is a quick easy book filled with all different kinds of information including charts of examples of soluble fiber vs. insoluble fiber, cooking and baking substitutions, recipes with nutritional information, and details of what that nutritional label means to you, just to name some. The advice for changing your eating habits seems just common sense when the explanation is read and understanding the differences in ingredients could knock you for a loop.

This is a book that I am planning on keeping readily accessible in my kitchen. Maybe I won't lose weight because of it, but I definitely hope to be eating healthier.

No comments: