8/10/10

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen


Read: August 6 - August 10
Format: E-Book 509 pages
Source: E-book - Nook
Subject: social prejudices, marriage
Challenges: 101020, 75 Book, TIOLI, CHUNKSTER,
Category: Miss Austen and Her Relations (P & P lives on!)
Genre: CLASSICS
Stars: 4½


There really isn't much more that can be said about this book that hasn't already been said. I love the characters that Miss Austen has created in this narrative - some are multi-dimensional, some are caricatures, some are there just because they are needed to push the story forward. But put them altogether and you have a love story that stands the test of time.

I hadn't planned to re-read this book but a few nights ago I didn't have anything to read and since it was on my Nook I started it again and again it grabbed me and held me until the end. Definitely a CLASSIC!

No comments: