6/11/10

NO, I DON'T WANT TO JOIN A BOOK CLUB by Virginia Ironside


Read: May 31 -June 10
Format: Audio 7 CDs equivalent of 318 pages
Source: Public Library
Subject: getting older
Category: I Heard them!
Genre: Fiction
Challenges: 101020, 75 Book, Audiobook, SYLL, TIOLI
Stars: 3


Mary Sharp has decided to keep a diary as she approaches the big 6-0 and in her writings tells of her issues with creaking bones, becoming a grandmother, a friend's death, and sex in the golden years.

Mary embraces this milestone in her life with the changes of her status as a general senior citizen and is thrilled with the birth of her first grandchild. She adamantly professes that people at her age shouldn't be interested in sex until she sees a new man on her horizon.

The stories in Mary's diary are told with humor and truth. I certainly hope that in a few years when I reach this milestone, I'll do it with as much grace.

No comments: