4/11/10

HUSH by Kate White


Read: Apr 10 - Apr 11
Format: Paperback, 352 pages
Source: Harper Collins, ARC
Subject: Thriller, murder, fraud, infertility clinic
Setting: New York City
Category: Books found - Internet/thru LT/library/bookstore
Genre: Thriller
Challenges: 101020, 75 Book, Thriller
Stars: 4


I'm still shaking. I can feel my heart pounding and I have to remind myself that it was just a book. I started and immediately was drawn into the lead character, Lake Warren. The first few chapters telling of her strive for independence as her divorce is finalizing and her struggle with custody issues. But then when she gets herself caught in a web of fear when she finds the man that she slept with casually murdered in his bed while she slept on the terrace, Lake feels that no one will believe her innocence and she will lose her children.

The story revolves around Lake efforts to keep herself out of the limelight so that the police will not ask her for a DNA sample, but since she is working for the same Infertility Clinic as the victim, she has to keep a straight face while trying to solve the murder herself. I don't want to say too much for fear of SPOILERS.

The story was riveting and keep me going until I had to find out the ending. Highly recommended for Thriller lovers.

No comments: