9/5/09

Weekend Wonderings


This week I got to thinking about why readers follow books in a series and whether they ever stop reading a series after they've been at it for a while.

Feel free to play along, just post a link to your blog or comment here and we can all wonder together.

For me, I like series because I don't have to spend a portion of my reading time getting to know the characters, or trying understand where they would get their motivations in every book. Once I start a series, provided that I like the characters, background and their interactions, I will normally stick with it. I don't think that I have ever dropped a series after reading more than 2 books.

On the other hand, if I don't particularly like the characters or the development of their relationships to each other, I may put the series on the back burner (so to speak) and move on to other series that I enjoy better.

What about you?

No comments: