6/30/16

All the Light We Cannot See ★★★ by Anthony Doerr



Pulitzer Prize Winner, check.  Audiobook, check, check.

Two things that should have pushed this book over and yet they didn't.  IMHO, the story was too ordinary, and the writing style drove me bonkers.  We were constantly been thrown back and forth in time and place so that the story seem very choppy and that was not helped by very, very short chapters (which normally I like).  I tried it on audio and then switched to a regular book, hoping that seeing the written word would help, but nada.

So many people raved about this book, I had a hard time  finishing and only did so because it was for my book club. Big disappointment.

DATE READ: June 23 - June 29
NO. OF PAGES: 771
Type of Book audiobook, ARD
SOURCE: Public Library

No comments: