1/18/16

The Deep End★★★★½ by Julie Mulhern


My husband and I belong to a local country club and so when I saw this series, I thought What Fun!  As I read the description, I worried because it was set back in the 70's and I didn't know if I could go there after reading books that have incorporated the newest technologies - cell phones, computers, etc.

I needn't have worried.  This a magnificent mystery that doesn't require the newest technology because the characters are so well-written and the mystery so absorbing that it is never missed.

Ellison Russell goes to the Country Club pool at the crack of dawn everyday for the solitude but this morning she finds it occupied by the body of her husband's mistress.  And things don't get any better.  In trying to prove her innocence, Ellison finds herself in several amusing situations that I was forced to laugh out loud.

Loved this story and the writing so I had to go and buy the next one in the series and I will be reading it next month!  A different change of pace I highly recommend.

Series/ Progress: Country Club Murders  1/2
DATE READ: January 12 - January 17
NO. OF PAGES: 245
Type of Book e-book
SOURCE: Nook 2015

No comments: