1/3/15

2014 Recap

When I started to total up my reading numbers for 2014, I was very surprised at some of the numbers that I got.

Number of books read that were on my original list at the beginning of the year ..........63/102

First books in a series:............................................18
Second books in a series:..........................................7
Third books in a series:.............................................8
More books in a series (beyond the third):.................21

Number of series brought current:..............................6

I really thought I had done better.

Books abandoned:..............4

CLASSICS:........................................6
ROMANCE:........................................7
FICTION:......................................... 11
HISTORY:..........................................9
MEMOIR:...........................................2
COZY MYSTERY:...............................30
MYSTERY:........................................20
CHILDREN/YOUNG ADULT/FANTASY....17

Where did my books come from?

Library books______________12
E-books - my Nook or Kindle__43
ARDs (actual books)_________19
Audiobooks________________28


Progress on Challenges:
75 Book Challenge..................................102/75
Category Challenge..................................98/98
European Challenge.................................19/49
US state challenge...................................42/51
TIOLI Challenges..................................102/102
MysteryCAT..............................................22
GEOCAT...................................................8
ROOT Challenge......................................86/84
Gastro Challenge.....................................3

Total books read in 2014:................102
Total pages read in 2014:............34,677
READ OUR OWN TOMES Challenge.....86
Total ARC/ER books read:.................27
Total books read in 2014 for Euro Challenge = 2
Total books read in 2014 for US State Challenge = 2
Presidential Challenge = 6

Best of the Year:........How the Light Gets In
Worst of the Year........Anne of Green Gables 
The book that kept me breathless: ........The Likeness
The mystery that I enjoyed reading the most:  ........Terminal City
Book that gave the most smiles/laughs: ........ Where'd You Go, Bernadette?
Book I wish I'd read sooner: ........Emerald Atlas
Best Recommended book: ........Where'd You Go, Bernadette?
The book with the most surprises: ........Mists of Avalon
Most thought provoking book: ........State of Wonder
Series book that has me wanting the next one NOW!:  ........ Blessings series  - A Wish and a Prayer
Best Audio book: ........Where'd You Go, Bernadette?
Book I am still working on: ........Bully Pulpit
Book I'm glad I finished: ........Arabian Nights

TBRs 1/1/2014 419
Books read from TBR: 86
Books added to TBR: 84
Books moved from TBR: 78

Balance:.....339   I actually reduced my TBRs!


Library books/borrowed Books read: 15
Free Books Read: 8
Group Reads 4

Prettiest Cover = Emerald Atlas

No comments: