9/5/12

The Bishop and the Beggar Girl of St. Germain by Andrew Greeley

★★★

Genre: Cozy Mystery
Subject: Missing person, priesthood
Setting: Paris, France
Main Characters: Bishop Blackwood Ryan
Series: yes, # 12 Father Blackie Ryan
Dates Read: September 3
Number of pages: 252 Audio
Off the Shelf (pre-2012)? Source?: no, public library
Category for 12 in 12 challenge: Speech Class


I usually don't read a book from a series this far ahead if I haven't read the first ones, but I picked it up and thought it sounded good so I popped it in the player and got caught up in the story. I'll now have to backtrack and find the earlier adventures of Bishop Blackie Ryan.

Because of his apparent notoriety at solving mysteries, Bishop Ryan is ordered by his superiors to go to Paris and find a missing Dominican who has quite a following including his on TV show.

The investigation is interesting and the solution surprising…great fun.

No comments: