11/28/11

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Read: November 17 - November 27
Format: Audiobook 16 CDs equivalent 784 pages
Source: Public Library
Subject: masons, new sciences
Challenges: 11 in 11, 75 Book, TIOLI, SYLL, AUDIO
Category: Honeymoon - foreign settings/thrillers
Genre: mystery
Stars: ★★★

This book has been reviewed by hundreds so I won't even begin to describe the plot and story. I will just express my overall opinion. Let me say that I really enjoyed the first two books with Robert Langdon as the brilliant symbolist but this book fell far short of the excellence of the previous two. Maybe I was expecting more especially since it was set in my hometown, but the story was too predictable and a bit far-fetched (who gets their hand cut off and in less then 48 hours in whirling around the city giving a tour?) It was an entertaining read and I can feel sure that when the book is made into a movie that it will be as entertaining as the others, its just not the greatest literature.

No comments: