7/5/11

Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer


Read: June 29 - July 1
Format: Uncorrected Proof 288 pages
Source: LibraryThing ER program for review
Subject: friendship, financial independence, love
Category: Love and Marriage: a lifetime commitment
Genre: Fiction Challenges: 11 in 11, 75 Book, TIOLI, BOYS
Stars: ★★★½

When Gus dies of a heart attack from a congenital heart defect, Carley, a mother of two young girls, must find her own path to care for her home and family. Gus's parents want to take in the girls, but Carley is determined to make it on her own. The decisions that she makes are realistic at the same time as they are heart-wrenching but she manages to move forward with her life and bring joy and love to those around her.

I wasn't exactly sure that I liked this book as I started it, but I got suckered in actually talking to the character as I read. As it went along, I was hooked and was thrilled with most of the ending. ***SPOILER*** I didn't like the way Vanessa's situation ended, that was the only down part for me.

No comments: