8/13/09

Booking through Thursday

What’s the worst book you’ve read recently?

I have to admit there are two tied for worst.
The first was Grandma Gets laid, an ER book that I got in February - it was so horrendous that I refuse to post my review on my blog just so you can see it. This book is full of all the typical stereotypes and it has no life to it. The title suggests something fun but doesn't live up to it. I can forgive this one since it was an ER and I believe a first novel of the author.

The other book is Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson. I had heard so many good things about this author and I was SOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed. I had tried one of his other books and thought maybe it was just the subject matter, but nope I couldn't stand this one either. Other people rave about it, not me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I really like Bill Bryson (and I liked Notes From A Small Island, albeit not a favorite). I guess it's true what they say : one person's book-trash is another's book-treasure :)

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Bryson.