6/15/09

MISERY LOVES CABERNET

First, I have to say that I loved this book. I smiled, I laughed uproariously, I grinned, I cried, I chuckled, I ran the entire gambit of emotions while enjoying this book.The main character Charlie (female) is in her late twenties and watching the lives of her friends and family move forward while she appears to be treading water. So she decides to make a list of the lessons that she learns so that she can pass them along to her great-granddaughter (should she ever have one).Charlie lives in Hollywood and her job is personal assistant to movie star, Drew Stanton, a spoiled, charmingly child-like character. She juggles her numerous jobs (cleaning the pool of hippo poop, assisting in the transformation of Drew's dressing room to a winter wonderland) with family and friend , occasions/events.Charlie's main efforts are centered around her love life and her involvement with two different men - Jordan who goes off to Paris for a job and Liam the producer of Drew's current film. The ending is totally unexpected and leaves the reader wanting more. Definitely a book that I will revisit after I read more by this writer.

No comments: